kitchen background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Coming up...


Here are some things that are coming up in the next couple of weeks.


Real Food and Religion Series:
This week we start a series called Real Food and Religion. Many bloggers are helping out and have written great posts I'm excited for you to read. They will talk about how their religions influence their food choices.

I wanted to do this series because our religious beliefs are a driving force for many of us. I wanted to know why people do what they do and eat what they eat. I got back some very thought-provoking answers, and I hope you will enjoy reading them as much as I have.

What we believe about where we come from and where we are going influences what we do in between. As a Latter-day Saint (Mormon), we have general health guidelines, but many of the specifics are left up to us. As I have pondered the specifics, I have been led to study our religious guidelines in more depth. A lot of the bloggers whose posts you will read in the next few weeks have done the same thing and learned some really interesting things in the process.


Answering your questions:
In between the Real food and religion series, I will be answering your questions. You had some great things to cover! I will be posting about snacks, desserts, the FDA, and saturated fat. If you have a question, but haven't posted it, just let me know.
Edited to add: I'll also be posting about baby food and some new recipes!

On TV:

Tomorrow night on PBS, Food, Inc. is showing at 9pm. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you watch it. This is a really informative show about what is happening with our food. My husband and I watched it together. Up until that point, he had kind of gone along with all the changes we had made to our eating habits. After that, he said, "Wow, how can we avoid eating like that?" I was happy to tell him, "We already are."



1 comment:

  1. I like it when you post recipes...I LOVE recipes and healthy ones are even better.

    ReplyDelete